Blind Cleaning Sydney
Curtain & Blind Cleaners
The team at Pro Carpet Cleaning Sydney are proud to offer an affordable solution to blind cleaning for blinds, curtains and rapes throughout Sydney.
Our team of dedicated cleaning professionals are available use a range of proven techniques to give your curtains a professional clean and restoration. We will perform a full inspection and advise you of the best strategy for your home.
A rule-of-the-thumb when it comes to caring for blinds is that thee should be cleaned at the end of every two years. And depending on the number of other factors (smoking, pets) you have per room in your house, you might want to do this more often than that. Not only do soiled blinds and curtains look unattractive and unhygienic, but they can also be a health hazard especially to asthmatic occupants in the house. Besides, the oily smug that clogs s blind after staying unwashed for a couple of years gradually deteriorates the fabric leading to slow fading, wear and tear. Surprisingly enough, some people will blame direct sunlight for their worn-out and dirty curtains.
When it comes to blind cleaning, you can attempt to clean them yourself although it can be labour intensive and time consuming. It is always best if the process is left to professional cleaners. This ensures that you get the best results and lowers the risk of damage.
Why Use Blind Cleaning?
Blinds and curtains are most times often forgotten during any cleaning process. Notwithstanding, they possess an unrealized ability to be the untidiest areas in your home, office, or space. Cleaning blinds improves both the feel and look of a room. Benefits of blind cleaning include:
Extension of blinds and curtains lives
Keeping and leaving blinds dirty makes it malfunction and deteriorate at a faster rate than usual. Conversely, tidying up the blinds consistently will preserve the blinds and importantly save you the cost of replacing them often. Regularly maintaining your window blinds also enhances your style of living.
A bright blind equals a bright room. Having a bright room could enhance morale and even provide a better work environment.
Better air quality
Dusty and dirty blinds easily harbor allergens which will consequently reduce the quality of air in your space. As a result, it is very important to clean your blinds, especially for people with allergies or asthma.
Process Of Blind Cleaning
There are various types or kinds of window blinds. By implication, there are also different ways to clean different window blinds to extend their usefulness.
Use a ladder
The top of your window blind is usually out of reach. As a result, we always advise that you use a sturdy ladder step when you want to clean the upper part of your window blind that is not within your reach. Another thing to take note of before starting the cleaning process is to gather every of your cleaning tools. With that, you can move straight to cleaning your window blinds.
Vertical blinds cleaning
These types of blinds tend to accumulate less dust compared to horizontal blinds. This is because the dust is often more on flat surfaces and the floor than on the blind slats. For a quick fix, use a soft cloth, mini blind duster, (we recommend a microfibre cloth), and a vacuum cleaner with an attachment of brush. To remove the light coatings of dust, just apply once from top to bottom and repeat as desired.
For a more rigorous washing, use a microfiber cloth, detergent, cold or warm water, and a tub.
- First, remove the slats from the headrail. Put them in the bathtub full of either warm or cold water with mild detergent. We don’t advise hot water since it can wrap the blinds.
- Rinse the blinds gently till they are sparkling clean. Make sure the excess water is completely out of the blinds.
- Then, dry them by putting them in the sun.
Wooden blinds cleaning
- Use feather duster or a dry microfiber cloth to remove dust from the slats gently. However, don’t use water since it can damage the wood.
- If there is grime that can’t be removed using the dry duster, use a densely moist cloth. However, you must do without leaving any water on the blind
General blind cleaning
- Open the blinds and dust with a duster. This will let you get accumulated particles off the blinds. Hence, you can dust from the top to the bottom or anyhow you want.
- Vacuum clean the accumulated particles that fall on the floor.
- Close the blinds to expose the concave and use a microfiber cloth to wipe the dust particle. Vacuum clean dust particles from the floor.
- Clean until you are satisfied.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Does ultrasonic blind cleaning work?
Yes, it does. The ultrasonic method is the newest advancement in the cleaning of blinds. It is both safe and effective as it gets rid of stains, dirt, odors, allergens, and grease. The most amazing part is that it does without harsh chemicals and it doesn’t damage the blinds.
What is the fastest way to clean blinds?
The fastest way to clean your blinds is to:
- Take them off the window
- Put them into a tub filled with warm water and detergent.
- You can also use baking soda as it functions as a natural stain fighter.
- Soak blinds for an hour.
- Rinse with warm water and dry.
We use a steam cleaning method which use hot water extraction. This is arguably one of the most convenient options for cleaning domestic upholstery – not just blinds or curtains. This method ensures the fabric remains undamaged throughout the cleaning process.
Blinds We Can Clean
We-re proud of being more than just a carpet cleaning company. We can clean and restore almost any blind, curtains and drapes include the following:
- Venetian Blinds
- Roman Blinds
- Vertical Blinds
- Roller Blinds
- Drapes & Curtains
- Shutters and Shade Sails
- Window Scarves
- Most Other Fabrics
- Mini blind
- Micro blind
- Panel blind
- Pleated blind
- Cellular blind
- Curtain blind
- Solar blind
- Outdoor blind
- Skylight blind
- Smart blind
Why Choose Us?
Our trademark is reliable services at an affordable price you can count on. We strive to always deliver professional blind cleaning services from our team of friendly experts. Below are some great reasons to choose us.
- The Blind Cleaning “Pros”
- Qualified and Experienced
- Family Friendly Cleaning Process
- Friendly and Reliable
- Very competitive Pricing
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Free Quotes
- Sydney City & CBD
- Sydney Western Suburbs
- Sydney Eastern Suburbs
- North Shore / Lower & Upper
- South West & Inner West Sydney
- Northern Beaches / Northern Suburbs
- Sutherland Shire & St George
- Baulkham Hills / North West / Hills District
Request a Quote
If you are looking for a reliable and affordable cleaning solution for your drapes and curtains then you are in the right place. Contact our cleaning team to have all your questions answered and get a free quote.
It’s Not Just Your Floors that Need Attention. Call Pro Carpet Cleaning Sydney today.
Call our team on 02 8880 9049.
We look forward to your call!